how to deal with stress|
ten tips for dealing with stress| I know from experience these will work. Start a practice of treating yourself well today!
1. Follow the breath – lay down on your back on a mat on the floor or on your bed wearing loose comfortable clothing. Place a yoga bolster or two pillows under your knees and as you inhale think or say: the air goes in my nose; and when you exhale think or say: the air goes out my nose. Breath normally. Set a timer for 5, 10 or 20 minutes in case you fall asleep.
2. Go for a walk. Guaranteed this will get your mind off of things. While walking notice things you haven’t before. Look around. See the scenery. Look at the flowers. Notice how the grass grows. Look at the trees. Notice the shape of the leaves. Do you see any butterflies? Listen for sounds in the landscape. Do you hear birds singing. Cars driving by. Children laughing. This gives you an important break from your problems.
3. Replace negative energy and energize yourself. Go for a bike ride, walk, dance, jump, skip, hop, etc. Even if you don’t feel like it. You feel too tired. Get your joints moving and energy flowing.
4. Spritz rose water in your face – can be bought online or in health or organic stores. Rub a piece of lavender between your fingers and take a sniff. Lavender water can also be bought in the same stores where rose water is carried. Spritz it in your face. Refreshing and breaks the stress cycle.
5. Crank up music you love and sing out loud.
6. Call a friend, reminisce and laugh.
7. Spend time strategizing with someone you trust who can help you figure out your options. Don’t focus on your losses salvage what you can and focus on what can be done.
8. Don’t be hard on yourself let it go whatever it is. Redirect your thoughts on what you can do not on what you can’t do. I know this is easier said than done but with practice it gets easier.
9. Reassure yourself. Tell yourself you’re okay. It’ll be okay.
10. Love yourself. Take good care of yourself. Remember as long as you’re breathing that’s all that really matters. Start a practice of not listening to negative thoughts and focus on thoughts that serve you well and make you feel good. This is a practice and you will keep getting better at it.
I wish you peace.
tags: how to deal with stress| thoughts| thinking| mindfulness| best| mindfulness| blogs| jon kabat zinn| jon kabat-zinn| mindfulness based stress reduction| follow the breath| coping| loss| Youtube| Cindi Silva| Cindy Silva| peace| freedom from thoughts| Cindi Silva Poetry| mindfulness walks| wordpress blogs|