I invite you to click on the link below and find out the science of what makes people happy, Positive Psychology. Did you know we all have a set point of happiness that we always go back to after a happy event. Even the happiest event will naturally wear off in time.
Watch this video and see what Harvard’s research on Positive Psychology has shown. Research shows there area 5 key elements necessary to achieve happiness. Do you think you would be happier if you were younger; wealthier; had children? You may be surprised at the findings.
Did you know the practice of mindfulness is the recommended way to cultivate the 5 key elements necessary to achieve happiness outlined in the research?
1) The practice of mindfulness is a path to cultivate using some of the strengths of virtue: wisdom, justice, curiosity, compassion;
2) The practice of mindfulness is: a path to appreciating what we have and expressing gratitude to others who are kind to us;
3) The practice of mindfulness is savoring the moment;
4) The practice of mindfulness is being engaged in the moment; and
5) The practice of mindfulness is serving others.